Monday, June 15, 2015

The Girl In 6E (Deanna Madden #1)- A Review

Hey all! I know, I know, I'm going through books like crazy. No worries, I just started a new job so I feel like my binge reading may take a small hit again. I may have a smidgen of lag-time between reviews. So, I apologize in advance if that's the case. Regardless, for now, I have my latest review ready for everyone. Tonight, it's The Girl in 6E by A. R. Torre. 

Having read Torre's Innocence trilogy, which is an erotic romance, I thoroughly enjoyed her debut into thriller. I just came off of reading Volition, which claimed to be dark (and wasn't) so with this one, I'm glad it followed through on every aspect. I was down right giddy reading this book. Take some Fifty Shades (or other, better erotica), and mix in just a pinch of Dexter, and you have 6E, which made me happy in every way possible. It wasn't fluffy or light-hearted, but carried just a hint of hope at the end. This allows for the reader to be both content, and go slightly insane wondering which way the chips will fall come book two. 

Our narrator has been through some serious shit, (pardon my language) and unlike most heroine narrators, I actually believed her. Growing up the sole survivor of a mass family murder, and having the urge to kill as well, it's no wonder she shuts herself inside her apartment and plays hermit for years on end. 

I loved delving into the lesser known world of camming and how it could range from the slightly perverted closet links to therapy sessions, to financial exchanges, and eventually, a full-blown criminal investigation. Our lead alias may have the burning desire to kill, but she also has a shred of a heart left to come to the aid of a helpless victim when one of her clients starts to get wacky. 

Can she really come to the rescue when she's needed the most, or does JessicaReilly19 let her demons get the best of her? This book is a real example of how good and evil battle out to determine who wins. I'm going to leave this review short and sweet, or sinister, rather, and let you guys go get yourselves a copy. 

Final overall rating: five out of five stars



No comments:

Post a Comment