Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Paper Princess (The Royals #1)- A Review

Hey there, bibliophiles! Happy Tuesday! Today, I'm bringing a review for a new book in a new series! Normally, I wait until the series is completed and just review the whole batch, but this just came out and I couldn't wait! It's Paper Princess by Erin Watt which is the pseudonym for authors Elle Kennedy and Jen Frederick. Time to dive right in and tell you all about this story!

I wasn't quite sure what I was in for when I started this book, but I sure enjoyed the ride!

Ella is orphaned (mom died of cancer and dad also passed without meeting his child) and finds herself under the protective wing of her new guardian, Callum Royal. Callum was an old friend of her father's, and sees it as his duty to look out for Ella and make her a Royal in her own way. Being with Callum means being with his boys... All five of them (Gideon, Reed, Easton, Sebastian, and Sawyer). While she just wants to make it from high school to college, they want to make her life Hell on earth.

I wanted to smack all of these boys... Repeatedly. Of course they were just being males and making assumptions about a girl they didn't even know. I kept screaming for Ella to just run far away from them. Take whatever money she had saved from working and just go. Kudos to her for being the stronger one of the two of us and sticking with her plan to not let these guys break her. When she proves herself among them and their peers at school, she absolutely kicks ass and finally earns some respect. I was waiting for just that moment.

Easton was one of my favorites. I know he has demons, but I love the dynamic he and Ella had as pseudo step-siblings. I think they both need each other in that regard.

Reed, is a whole other animal. As much as I want to be mad at him, I just can't. He wasn't worthy of Ella in the beginning, but when he finally calls a truce with her and they work out their issues, he begins proving himself. As much as I still want to be fuming with him over how he and Ella left things in that Royal Mansion, I still can't, I think something fishy is in the air.... So I need book two asap so I can get to the bottom of it and all can be well again!

My Final Rating: four out of five stars

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment