Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Cocktail- A Series Review

Greetings, fellow bibliophiles! I hope this Tuesday finds you all well and ready to discuss/review some books! I finished The Cocktail Series by Alice Clayton the other day and just haven't had time to review all five of these stories properly. I think it's about time we get to it, shall we?

The book that starts it all is Wallbanger. Simon Parker and Caroline Reynolds are neighbors who meet due to continuous loud thumping coming through the walls *ahem*. Simon is a notorious womanizer with his own harem. Caroline is the cat lady who loses sleep every night thanks to Mr. Parker's nocturnal activities. What ensues are a bit of shenanigans followed by friendship, and then... something more. This was an interesting and humorous read, but it was a bit too much for me. The characters reactions to things were slightly overboard for reality, at least for me. Caroline and her friends, Sophia and Mimi would probably not be the types of girls I'd hang out with in my real life. Simon was lovely..of course. Yet another book boyfriend to love. His harem made him slightly less appealing in the beginning, so that was annoying, but thankfully, he came to his senses and knew a good thing when he saw it in Caroline.

I did quite enjoy the last section being from Clive's perspective. That was a nice and humorous treat.

My Final Rating: three out of five stars




Book two, Rusty Nailed, follows Simon and Caroline into what comes next in their journey. I enjoyed this story quite a bit more than book one. The relationship Simon and Caroline have is evolving into something more mature, more intimate, and their trials and tribulations significant. Book one was a just a tad on the absurd side with the bickering and antics, so it was nice to finally see them together, blissful, and conquering their worlds together. Caroline was right, she totally has a fairy tale when it comes to Simon.

My Final Rating: four out of five stars



I was a bit sad to open up book three, Screwdrivered, and not have Simon and Caroline at the front of this story, but the change up was refreshing too, especially with someone as unique as Viv Franklin.

I love that Viv was a wonderful mix of brains and artsy/alternative. Clark is basically my dream man (he had me at tweed jackets and librarian). They're polar opposites, so to see the banter going back and forth was very entertaining considering it was full of sexual tension. Yes, please!

Parts of this were a bit slow-moving with not much happening outside of the day-to-day activities, but the last chapter and epilogue make the journey more than completely worth it. Swoon city!

It's always the quiet and seemingly stuffy ones who become the completely unleashed animals. Clark did NOT disappoint! I'd like to know where I can find one, myself.


My Final Rating: four out of five stars



The fourth installment in this series is Mai Tai'd Up, and focuses on Clark's cousin, Chloe. This was a cute read. I'm not about gingers per say, (aside from one Jamie Fraser of course) but Lucas totally won me over. A hot guy with a heart of gold saving animals? Absolutely!

Good for Chloe! I'm so glad she put her foot down and took control of her life before it was too late. Who wants to be a snooty Stepford Wife anyway? No complaints here on her running out on her wedding day. Bravo to her. She became a better and bigger person and is doing something worth while with her life. Sticking with Charles wouldn't have gotten her anywhere aside from being a Real Housewife wannabe with her hair and nail appointments. Chloe has a heart, and it syncs with Lucas perfectly. I really enjoyed these two more than I can say, and the time they spent in the shower may have something to do with it. Totally sexy.


My Final Rating: four out of five stars



This ending, Last Call, was short, sweet, and to the point! It had every element I look for in a novella, especially one at the end of a series of stories.

Simon and Caroline, Mimi and Ryan, Sophia and Neil, Chloe and Lucas, and Viv and Clark are all present for engagements, weddings, and babies. Clive and his harem are back and making discoveries as well. This was the perfect way to wrap up this series!

My Final Rating: four out of five stars         






No comments:

Post a Comment