Wednesday, October 28, 2015

The Big Gamble (Gambling on Love #1)- A Review

Good evening, all! Wow! It's my 40th post! In honor of that, tonight, I'll be bringing you something I haven't done yet. I'm going to be posting two book review for two different novels! What can I say? There were many contributing factors on this one. First, it's been a little bit since I've posted a review. Second, I'm sick, so I have some time after work to rest and catch up on some reading (although I'm STILL behind on my goodreads challenge). Third, life at the office has been tame for me, so in between being a working adult, I can squeeze in chapters randomly during office hours. Thankfully, my boss doesn't mind. Fourth (and last), 40th post!! Hooray!!! On with the show!

Up to bat is a new(er) release by author M. Andrews called The Big Gamble. Now I know I said I'd post series books together as one big review. This book is the first in a series, but the rest haven't come out yet, so in this case, I'm making an exception. I actually picked this one after finishing a longer novel (which I'll be posting about next). After coming off of an almost 800 page book, I needed something quick, easy, and entertaining, and this one did not disappoint.

If you're up for a steamy romance that has its fair share of cheesy moments and filthy, dirty talk, then give Officer Brian Gamble and his lady, Brooke McCoy a go! As an aside, I'd just like to say, breakfast table and syrup. Holy Moses.

Brian is your known alpha male who had his heart crushed by his nasty ex. Brooke has been single for two years after losing her fiancé, Jake, to an aneurysm. Their paths cross when they wind up as neighbors who don't necessarily get along.

This was a quick read that I thoroughly enjoyed. Maybe not everyone would be on board with fast-tracking a relationship the way Brooke and Brian did, but they made it work. They just knew they couldn't pass each other up. Needless to say, I'm glad they didn't. Sometimes, people just click instantly and know how perfectly everything has fallen into place and doing everything they can to be together for the long haul. I have to give them credit for doing something so brave. 

I saw some similarities between this and Wallbanger , (the obnoxious neighbor, hating each other for a bit, being friends, baking goodies, and giving into temptation) but it came into its own as a romance and I just really enjoyed seeing Brooke and Brian heal old wounds and becoming better individuals and a strong couple due to each other's support. It was really refreshing! I'm also thrilled that these two allowed their hurtful and tragic pasts to stay in the past and were able to move on to their happy beginning as a team. 

Cheers to more book reviews to come! 

My Final Rating: four out of five stars




No comments:

Post a Comment