Friday, October 30, 2015

Mud Vein- A Review

Good morning, all and Happy Mischief Night! I know, another review already, but I just devoured this latest read and couldn't wait to tell you all about it! It's Mud Vein by Tarryn Fisher.

Fisher has quickly become one of my main inspirations to pick up old projects and finish a novel... Sooner rather than later. I must thank her profusely for that alone!

I'm not even sure how I'd classify her stories. There's drama, thrill, angst, psychology, romance, death, darkness, mystery etc. Mud Vein certainly did NOT disappoint!

Through Senna and Isaac, I was able to see what true love and real soul mates consist of and what they can accomplish together as a team. Considering this story was nothing that I expected, I'm glad I kept the pages turning to see how their story would end. I would love to elaborate more on all of this, but instead, I'm going to remain obscure and let you guys go pick up a copy and find out for yourselves. You're welcome

If you're looking for steamy scenes and a happy ending of rings, weddings, the taking of names, vows, and a gaggle of babies, then this book might not be for you. Yes, love is a key element in this tale, but it doesn't blossom the way your run-of-the-mill love story comes about. Isaac and Senna have to weed through seemingly eternal darkness and even embrace the idea of death on multiple occurrences in order to be set free and realize their truth. Even then, they're not out of the woods. What they have is profound and raw, and I admire them for finding that in each other.

The question becomes, have they found love too late?


My Final Rating: five out of five stars

 


No comments:

Post a Comment