Monday, November 2, 2015

Unblocked (Timber Towers #1-5)- A Series Review

Good evening, fellow bibliophiles! Happy Monday (I say this with a bit of sarcasm). Tonight, I'm bringing you something a little different. It's an erotic romance series broken up into five novellas called episodes. I've done novellas before, but they've always acted as an in-between story between major novels to bridge the gaps in between events. They've always been designed to be an extra treat, in my experience, anyway. 

The series I'm discussing seems to be slightly less known that some of the more mainstream romances out there these days, but I enjoyed it thoroughly! It seems like I was a part of something few romance readers know about. However, I NEED to spread the word because this series is a bit of everything: drama, steamy sex, snark, angst, and total bliss with a stunning specimen of a man. The books in question? Unblocked by Marni Mann. She states on the covers, "one taste was all it took..." and boy, was she right. I know the feeling, and I was just the reader, the silent observer. Let's explore, shall we?

In episode one, we meet our main players. Pay attention because you're going to be carrying them with you for the next five episodes. 

Derek Block. What is there to say about Derek Block? He's a flannel-wearing, filthy mouthed architectural developer and he's looking for the best agent in Boston to have rights to the listing of his prized possession, Timber Towers. Frankie Jordan is the heir to Jordan International, real estate moguls specializing in luxurious properties. 

Derek had his heart shattered two years prior when his ex, Taylor Hall left him high-and-dry for not making enough money. Frankie has thrown herself into work after she caught her fiancĂ©, Reed, cheating on her (literally, mid-act). 

It's obvious upon a first interview that Frankie and Derek have a spark, and that instant attraction is there, and sizzling. Both have their reasons to remain completely professional, but how long can it honestly last?



My Final Rating: four out of five stars

Episode two, and what can I say? Derek Block is raising the bar almost impossibly high for an alpha male. Good gravy! 

I adore these novellas! They make me feel like I'm plowing through books without being too daunting, yet, still telling a fantastic story full of drama. 

Obviously, Frankie and Derek given into their tension and temptations, because, Holy Moses, is it there and on fire.  They are finally getting hot and heavy, but, of course, there's a cliffhanger and little bombs going off in front of their face. You'll just have to head into episode three wondering if they can stick out the road-blocks together. At least you get more of Derek's filthy mouth. Who can complain about that?


My Final Rating: four out of five stars

Episode three is where these stories become intense and border on dangerous in their unfolding events! I love these novellas so much (I say that more and more every time)! I'm sad I waited so long to read them! 

Derek is an alpha lumberjack and Frankie is his sleek and polished real estate agent. They're polar opposites, but their worlds are colliding and they're doing it with brutal force ,and, in the sexiest way possible. 

Will Frankie choose Derek, or her father's estate empire? Will Derek choose Frankie, or a bad past that continues to haunt him? Can these two mix business with pleasure, or will they walk away forever?

Their choices will stress you out, I'm sorry to say, but keep on and move forward to see how their future will play out!


My Final Rating: four out of five stars

Episode four...where things get juicy and begin reaching their peak! Frankie and Derek had some tough decisions to make when it came to both their business and their pleasure. Needless to say, they talk (and screw) things out and come face-to-face with some raw and unfamiliar emotions. Now, they just need to kick all their trash to the curb and find their happily-ever-after. 


My Final Rating: four out of five stars

Episode five and I can finally say.... I absolutely adored this series!! The  rough and rugged architect and and his spicy mouth realtor mogul. What an interesting combo and what an adventure they take together. 

Derek Block is such a perfect mix of alpha, dirty, protective, sweet, and romantic. Frankie is a lucky lady! 

I'm thrilled they got through their road bumps to have a happy future together. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed I get one or two more episodes with a Block wedding and little Block babies. In the mean time I'll miss Derek and his lovely (and super dirty) mouth. Gotta love an alpha male! 


My Final Rating: five out of five stars










No comments:

Post a Comment