Monday, November 16, 2015

If You Dare (Deanna Madden #3)- A Review

Good morning, everyone! Happy Monday! I just noticed that this is my 50th post! Depending on how you look at that, it could be a good or a bad thing. I either read a lot, or I have too much time on my hands. I'm assuming you all enjoy your novels as much as I do and are therefore forever looking for suggestions, so cheers to 50 more postings!

I know I said I'd group series books together in one review, but when I started the one I'm going to discuss today, I thought it was going to serve as a stand-alone, which was The Girl In 6E (You can find my review here: Deanna Madden #1). Since then, A.R. Torre has put out two more books in this series and they are awesome! You can read my review of Do Not Disturb here: Deanna Madden #2 and today, I'm obviously bringing you my thoughts on book three.

I had pre-ordered this book via Amazon and an alert on my phone said it wouldn't be delivered until Tuesday. You can imagine my surprise when it turned up on Saturday morning instead. I basically dropped what I was doing and began reading instantly, and I'm not sorry that I did. If You Dare just made me love this whole series more than I already thought I could.

I don't think Alessandra Torre is capable of writing a book that I would dislike. I began my adventures with her through her Innocence trilogy before branching into her A.R. Torre side with The Girl In 6E. I'm not sure which I love more. This author has so many different sides and I'm obsessed with every single one of them.

Whether it's something like Innocence that's seemingly softer and more sensual, or Deanna Madden with its Dexter-meets- Fifty Shades vibe, I'm thrilled to the max by these books. They all take up permanent residents in prime spots on my beloved book shelves.

As Torre states, Deanna is her "wicked girl" and I don't think I could describe her any better. She honestly is wicked, and she'll always have that darkness that lingers just below the surface of what humanity wants her to be, but I don't think she'll ever realize her potential for goodness the way she should. Yes, she's dangerous, but she targets with purpose, so I find myself siding with her no matter what... Even if she's breaking all sorts of laws.

I never read author's notes, it's just something I don't normally do, but I'm glad I did on this book. To know Torre has more in store for Deanna has me thrilled beyond words. My heart raced, it shattered, it was a million things.. All within 300+ pages. Job well done, even if there was a bit of a cliffhanger with the whole J situation. I will be chomping at the bit until there's a book four. I need more of Deanna and her twisted mind.


My Final Rating: five out of five stars





No comments:

Post a Comment