Thursday, December 10, 2015

Midnight Mass (Priest #1.5)- A Review

Good morning, readers! Happy Thursday! I know I JUST posted a review, but this little novella I began last night just couldn't wait, so I had to share it with you ASAP.

Those of you who follow me know that a few months back, I read an interesting little book by Sierra Simone called Priest (you can find my review of book one here: Priest). I had no idea that it was going to become a series of any sort, so you can imagine my excitement when this little treat popped up in my life called, Midnight Mass. I jumped on it as soon as it came out and my latest book was finished. I'm warning you now, these books do contain a taboo topic or two, so if you're not adventurous in that aspect, you should probably look the other way.

If you read my review of Priest, you'd know that I love love loved it, and now, if it's possible, I may love Midnight Mass even more!

Sierra Simone has this power to write something that's both off-the-charts sexy, but it's also real, raw, and teaches you a profound lesson. Who knew I'd get such insight and schooling in Theology and Catholicism from a read like this?

Father Tyler Bell is as hot as ever, and even though he's not technically part of the priesthood anymore, doesn't make him any less amazing or intriguing. I adored his doctoral dissertation process. While it ate him alive, it really interested me and drew me right in.

Poppy is thriving with her studio and her foundation as well. Kudos for the girl who is always so hectic yet so put together and flawless 24/7!

Three years into marriage, and while this couple is hotter than Dante's inner-most circle of Hell, they are not without their troubles as well. They struggle to get time together, keep their marriage fresh and fun, while also trying to focus on their personal goals. It's a real struggle and something is bound to fall by the wayside when you have too many balls being juggled.

When things were good, they were infinitely better than good, but when they were bad, my heart shattered because I didn't think it could get any worse. I lost sleep on a work night because I had to know what would happen with this pair.

Needless to say, I can not get enough of Poppy and Tyler, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I get even more of their journey together in my near(er) future!


My Final Rating: five out of five stars

  
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment