Sunday, December 6, 2015

The Wild Side- A Series Review

Good evening and happy Sunday to you bibliophiles out there! I hope you all had a lovely weekend of reading before we all go back to our Mondays. Unfortunately, I've been stuck on a home renovation project, so I had to set my books aside for a few days. I did, however, finish up a trilogy by R.K. Lilley before the weekend hit, so now that most of my work is done, I can review for you all! This is The Wild Side series, and it is awesome! 

Book one, titled appropriately as The Wild Side, is just that indeed! Goodness! Holy hotness in this read! I blushed the entire time! 

Alasdair Masters, recently divorcee and wealthy author has no idea what he's getting into when he comes in contact with Iris at his local gym. There's a massive age gap between the two, but the girl knows who and what she wants and makes no bones about going after him. 

They become entangled in something rather quickly without question, but can they go the distance? 
I thought this was just a fun book of sexy encounters, but it slowly turned into something more, and I couldn't wait to see where it would go over the course of the trilogy!

My Final Rating: four out of five stars


Book two give us more insight into our main girl and the mystery surrounding her, so it's called Iris. How can a read be super sexy, but also have you wanting to tear your hair out at the same time? R.K. Lilley somehow manages to do just that in this installment. 

Iris and Dair are still hot and heavy, but she comes and goes and keeps her truths hidden deep deep down. Fair can't seem to catch a break when he tries to communicate or discover more about this exciting girl who turned his world upside down.  

Poor Dair. He's such a good guy who just wants happiness. I like Iris, but her lack of answers for anything  drives me crazy. Her and Dair are awesome together, but there's always that looming doom because she can't tell him something real. It makes you wonder if they can make their encounter a long-term one. 

Um the end is absolutely not fair! Absolute cliffhanger. 

My Final Rating: four out of five stars


Thank goodness Dair, the last book in the series, gives me all the answers I've been looking for this whole time! 

This series did not go at all the way I thought it would. I didn't figure out what was happening until it was basically right under my nose and boom!! Total bomb drop! I had my curiosities but I did not see the ending coming until the last minute. It threw me off completely in the best way! 

There was one point in the story that I wished Dair would grow a pair and stick to his guns when he thought Iris was throwing in the towel. Man, can he grovel and give in like no other to the point I felt bad for him, but I also wanted to yell at him to man up. I'm kinda glad he fought for her in his own way when things were rough with them. 

At first, I thought this was a fun and light read involving some sexy main characters, but it became so much more and I'm so beyond thrilled with the amazing ending! By time it ended, I wasn't quite ready to let go!

My Final Rating: five out of five stars





No comments:

Post a Comment