Wednesday, December 2, 2015

November 9- A Review

Good morning, fellow readers! It's another foggy and rainy day by me, so my office morning is like torture. The good news is... ready for it... I have another review for you! I grabbed this book off of my shelf yesterday and couldn't put it down! I'm talking about November 9 by Colleen Hoover. This was an impulse B&N purchase I'm thrilled I made!

Out of all of Colleen's books I've encountered so far. This one was my favorite. It absolutely shredded my heart. We all know my first experience with her was Ugly Love and I just wasn't feeling it enough to rave to the high heavens about the tingly feelings it gave me. With November 9, I can do just that and more!

I'm not going to go crazy with any sort of plot synopsis or spoilers in this review because I feel you need to approach this book completely on your own and without any sort of surprises from me.  All I can do is urge you to pick up this book as soon as yesterday and give it a read.

The only (very minor) things I had trouble getting on board with were Ben's thoughts and emotions when it came to Fallon. The end explains it all, but for a good chunk of this book, I thought he was too good to be true. Also, the plot twist. I enjoyed how it was all connected, but I wasn't sure I wanted it to go the way it did. I guess because Ben was so good, I didn't want to think some of the thoughts I did as the end of the book approached. That's all I can say without giving away something major.

Still, the story was awesome, unique, and completely held my attention beginning-to-end. I don't cry very often at books, but in parts of this story, I got a little teary. The emotional journey was absolutely worth it and a day after, I'm still devastated I read it so quickly.

My Final Rating: five out of five stars

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment