Wednesday, December 9, 2015

The Muse (Rothvale Legacy Historical Romance #1)- A Review

Happy Hump Day to my fellow bibliophiles out there! I hope your Wednesday has been full of endless pages of wonder and adventure! 

I bring with my greetings, another review for you all! I know I've said a bajillion times that I would review series books together so that I could 1) space out my reviews and 2) not bombard your feeds with my rambling thoughts. When I decided to to crack open my latest read, I did not realize until after I had read it, that it was part of a series. I have yet to download the other books, and I'm sure I will because I'm OCD that way, but I wanted to bring you my review in the mean time. 

My latest novel brought me back in time to 1812 in Kent, to the time of Lord Rothvale and his new bride, Imogene. I'm talking about The Muse by Raine Miller. 

So I think historical romances might be my new(er) obsession. I absolutely adored this book to no end! 

Raine Miller never disappoints! I started reading her Blackstone Affair series a few years back and I haven't been able to stop since. The Rothvale Legacy series is sort of a spinoff, but also something all its own. Ethan Blackstone has been one of my favorite book boyfriends for quite some time, but Graham Everley might have climbed that list to give good, old Ethan a run for his money. 


While most of this story goes off without much conflict and seems like an absolute fairytale, I knew it had to be too good to be true. Graham and Imogene live in wedded bliss, but when they got hit, they were hit hard with bad tidings. I almost wondered if they'd ever power through to find their happiness again. There was a heaviness in my heart for quite some time, but I continued to turn the page. 


I love how with Miller's stories, we get more than a story, we get a sliver of history, a bit of art, and a sprinkle of period culture, even in her contemporary novels. Her words suck you into a world you only knew growing up through school textbooks and instead lets you feel like you live in a time vastly different from your own with newly found friends. That kind of feeing is what makes a book like this an absolute treasure!

I will be reading books two and three in the near future, so keep your eyes peeled for my thoughts on those as well! Happy reading! 

My Final Rating: four out of five stars




No comments:

Post a Comment