Thursday, December 3, 2015

The Air He Breathes (Elements #1)- A Review

Good morning, readers! I'm going to apologize right now because I'm beyond the point of exhaustion today. However, I have another book for you to read ASAP and it's called The Air He Breathes by Brittainy C. Cherry. Even if you weren't going to get it for the initial story, you should get it just because Franggy Yanez is on the cover. Google image that guy and thank me later. Luckily, the book is amazing too, so you'll get a great read, and a handsome man on your cover. Win win!

This story was absolutely heartbreaking! Having to deal with death is one thing, but to deal with unexpected and accidental tragedy a few times over at once is something else entirely. How Elizabeth or Tristan survived to tell their tales is almost beyond my comprehension.

I would say "how they're coping", but neither of them really are, they're just existing and going through the motions. An accident that steals away your whole world and your whole reason for existing seems nearly impossible to come back from. Thankfully, these two wind up as neighbors so they learn to adapt and start facing their demons head on.

Normally stories start off on a slightly happy note, or at least with regular, everyday life happenings. This book just whacks you in the face from the beginning. Be prepared to deal with some heavy emotions that really never seem to go away.

I was worried there was no healing for Tristan or Elizabeth with the pain that surrounded each of them, but luckily over time, they start to learn from each other. It's when other outside forces try to come between what they're trying to build that threaten to destroy their second chance at happiness.

Needless to say, I couldn't put this book down. It may have ripped my heart right out, but it was absolutely worth it in the end. What I loved most was how honest and raw it was from beginning to end. If you're looking for a sweet romance, you won't find it here.

Lastly, I'm ecstatic that on goodreads, the author has it listed as part of a series. I need more Tristan in my life right now!!

My Final Rating: five out of five stars

 




No comments:

Post a Comment